BC Boards

searching old posts

Were posts older than 2010 lost or deleted? I'm looking for a post by AK Dog Doc on the subject of points to consider when evaluating if it is time to euthanize (reference for my sister). Every time I try pulling up a specified search, the posts are not older than 2010 and there is only 1 page. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you.

I did a member then searched her posts. Tried a search in the "health and genetics" topic using euthanasia too. Only posts from 2010 came up. I wonder if it has something to do with my Windows 7 OS. I tried another browser and still couldn't get anything older. This has happened with other searches as well. Not sure why but it seems to be a tech issue on my computer. If anyone can pull this up, can you please post the link? I can access old posts with direct links. Thanks so much!

Karen, thank you so much for helping. I don't believe that was the exact one I had in mind. It was more along the lines of this link form another earlier board discussion I found:

http://www.homevet.com/petcare/documents/quality.pdf

It's possible I may be confusing the two, but I thought it was a point by point eval of quality of life considerations. I did recall that she noted that in her experience most folks tend wait to long than say goodbye too early.

I can't understand why my search parameters didn't bring up the post you found. I used "euthanasia) in my search criteria.

When you have a moment, would you explain exactly how you entered which search criteria to find those results? If I go into the specialized search function, I come up with older posts. If i go to the member page and hit "find member posts" or ...Topics There are none older than 2010. If I click find member content on the member page. I get " no new content".

Nancy, that would require me remembering what I did!

If this link works - http://www.bordercollie.org/boards/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1 it was a search by word euthanasia with author as AKDD and no other parameters.

It's sad going back through these posts. I'll get on a desktop later and see what else I come up with.

Karen, I found it. It wasn't AKDD. I think it was this link:

http://www.klance.com/Animal_Mind.htm

I put in the simple search parameter as you suggested and it was there. Many thanks!

I really needed to read this tonight. I still have doubts sometimes about whether we euthanized Scooter too soon; that maybe there was something going on that could have been handled with medication. But I always come back to the conclusion that no, he had to have been very sick for him to attack me the way he did, and he would only have gotten worse, which would have been so painful to watch.

I bookmarked the article so I can go back and read it when those doubts rear their ugly head.

Thank you.

Pam

Archived