Photo

Still Looking...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 ramp

ramp

• Registered Users
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:She is your friend, your partner, your defender,your dog.
    You are her life, her love, her leader.
    She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat
    of her heart.You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:21 PM

Border Collies are special little friends. I was heart broken when we lost ours last year. Skye is 9 months now and has softened the loss. Enjoy your new journey.

#22 Shetlander

Shetlander

Life is a beach.

• Registered Users
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Congratulations! Scotch is very handsome and sounds like such a nice fellow. While he will not "replace" Lewie, he should fill up some of the empty
places with his own brand of companionship and fun. I am so happy for you.

Liz

#23 gcv-border

gcv-border

• Registered Users
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

Best wishes for you and Scotch (great name BTW). 

I have seen quite a few of the lighter-boned Aussies that look like Scotch.  If you had told me he was full BC, full Aussie or a mix of the two, I would have taken your word for it.  There is a huge overlap in phenotype of the 2 breeds.

As for the Aussie rescue group taking in what may be a BC, kudos to them for responding to a dog in need. Our rescue group focuses on BCs and BC mixes, but sometimes we have had a sheltie mix, or a chihuahua that someone couldn't leave in the pound, or a mini-Aussie/JRT mix (best guess - but hey, it was a tri). If the dog is in need and there is a free foster home, sometimes the 'other' dogs sneak into the system. Who cares? all these dogs need a good home.

Jovi

"Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog."  Charles F. Duran

#24 GentleLake

GentleLake

• Registered Users
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

As for the Aussie rescue group taking in what may be a BC, kudos to them for responding to a dog in need. Our rescue group focuses on BCs and BC mixes, but sometimes we have had a sheltie mix, or a chihuahua that someone couldn't leave in the pound, or a mini-Aussie/JRT mix (best guess - but hey, it was a tri). If the dog is in need and there is a free foster home, sometimes the 'other' dogs sneak into the system. Who cares? all these dogs need a good home.

Same for the border collie rescue I volunteer with as well. Gotta give all these breed rescues that step up when there's a dog of another type who needs help.

"People in your life always come and go all the time; the dogs are always there for me. Always." ~Samantha Valle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.