BC Boards

Swafford at it again ...

Good news indeed! Good for the Sumner County Sheriff! Thank you Jodi for figuring this out, and thank you Jodi, Angie and all who raised their voices.

It does sound like he's laying the groundwork for a plan to wriggle out of it. "I just thought I was helping somebody." Yeah right. Let's hope he is unsuccessful.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good news indeed! Good for the Sumner County Sheriff! Thank you Jodi for figuring this out, and thank you Jodi, Angie and all who raised their voices.

It does sound like he's laying the groundwork for a plan to wriggle out of it. "I just thought I was helping somebody." Yeah right. Let's hope he is unsuccessful.

His previous order said only 4 dogs and all had to be spayed or neutered. He knew he couldnt posess breeding dogs. That's like saying that isnt my pot mom I'm holding it for someone else.lol I'm glad all the calls placed payed off. We called the director of bowling green the min we saw the post.

Wow!

I am SO IMPRESSED at the power of this community and of the Internet. This guy has nowhere to hide - the Internet, which is his "friend" in unloading his dogs, has become the police force running surveillance on him.

Congratulations to everyone who made phone calls. Rarely in life do you see such direct action resulting from good intentions.

Mary

Wonderful news! Now he's facing a possible sentence of a year in prison and maybe having to serve his 2 years of probation behind bars. I wish border collies could be his jailers so he could see what it's like being locked up in lousy conditions!

I'm glad the Sumner County officials are serious about stopping this man! Hope Swafford's "associates" are looking over their shoulders and wondering if they are next!

My favorite line, "They didn't care about the border collie rescue I had."

I guess he didn't realize that people would be watching him. Thank you Jodi and Angie for passing this info to the authorities.

Thanks everyone, for your kind words. I am really pleased that Sumner County followed up on the situation and took action! But I can't take credit for getting to that point--my hat's off to Jodi for sleuthing out the situation and then making sure all the right people knew about it.

Does anyone know if Sumner County or the State of Tennessee has a free public online repository where we can follow his court dates and such? Usually it's listed on the Sheriff's Department website, but I'm not seeing anything.

I know what kind of comprehensive resource you're talking about, Jodi, and I haven't found one for either the state of TN or Sumner County. The only thing I could find for Sumner County (which you've probably already seen) was an inmate registry where searching by name will reveal when someone was arrested and released: Sumner County Inmate Information Center.

It was an impressive job.

What is the kennel site that is named for a well known red rose grown in the United States (I'm trying to avoid upping the cite's mentions on the internet)? It's the one that has a camera with the caption that says something like "click here to see your picture," then a list of all the deregistered dogs. Isn't the person affiliated with Swafford?

Don't millers always say they don't own the dogs and have a ring of so-called owners, often relatives and even small children, involved so that on paper it looks like no one individual is the owner? Will someone fill me in on this?

Penny

Wonder if the court proceedings would be open to the public? If so and someone was able to find out the dates, it would be really neat to have a presence of true BC lovers at his court dates.

I want to add my heartfelt thanks to Jodi and Angie. I felt sick when I first saw that he was at it again, especially after seeing the conditions of the dogs he'd had last year.

I hope they really throw the (what sound like substantially stiffer) books at him this time - and that they stick.

I'm still dumbfounded that the four dogs he was allowed to keep somehow never ended up spayed or neutered.

Let's hear it for the good guys!

I want to add my heartfelt thanks to Jodi and Angie. I felt sick when I first saw that he was at it again, especially after seeing the conditions of the dogs he'd had last year.

I hope they really throw the (what sound like substantially stiffer) books at him this time - and that they stick.

I'm still dumbfounded that the four dogs he was allowed to keep somehow never ended up spayed or neutered.

Let's hear it for the good guys!

Dal and mads mom says:

From what I understood the dogs he kept were spayed and neutered they werent all border collies but, a beagle and some others that were his wife/girlfirends house pets. If I wasnt too tired I'd try to find the reference to what was kept. They were strictly suppsed to be house pets only. They were not allowed in his kennel

Wonder if the court proceedings would be open to the public? If so and someone was able to find out the dates, it would be really neat to have a presence of true BC lovers at his court dates.

Over at Pit Bull Chat, I was following the parole hearing for Juan Daniels, a freak who set his pit bull on fire. Well, the dog is now happy and healthy. The new owners took him to the parole hearing and his parole was denied.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=13034762

Over at Pit Bull Chat, I was following the parole hearing for Juan Daniels, a freak who set his pit bull on fire. Well, the dog is now happy and healthy. The new owners took him to the parole hearing and his parole was denied.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=13034762

I read that in our paper the other day. So great.

Wow, I am so impressed with Jodi and Angie on this. For everyone who made calls, etc., it's just so amazing the difference you've made in not just those dogs' lives, but all the future dogs that would have been impacted by that @$^&^%@ had he been allowed to continue again! Thanks to you all.

From what I understood the dogs he kept were spayed and neutered they werent all border collies but, a beagle and some others that were his wife/girlfirends house pets.

I think Alchemist was referencing my earlier comment on this topic. I'll admit that it was only based on hearsay, but during one of my trips to the Gallatin Rabies Control shelter to eval/pull Swafford dogs for rescue, an employee told me that Swafford had been allowed to come in that very day and had already reclaimed his personal pets. I noted that the shelter did not have any vet facility on site, and I drew the conclusion that he had not, in fact, actually had those "pets" s/n. Again, I do not know this was the case--and I hope his pets were really s/n, as ordered. However, I would not be surprised if they were not.

I could be remembering wrong, but I could have sworn that the four dogs he was allowed to keep WERE spayed/neutered before being released. Regardless, there were five adults this time, so he's added at least one. The one good piece of this is that he got busted quickly this time, so hopefully the adults and puppies aren't in nearly as bad of physical and mental condition all of the others were in.

Archived