puppy agility herding merle red merle smooth black tri

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Lawgirl

Lawgirl

• Registered Users
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

Congratulations and best of luck with your new puppy to come.  Remember, puppy photos are compulsory!

#22 Alchemist

Alchemist

• Registered Users
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

Brian Cash ran a merle dog (Neal) in the National Sheepdog Finals this year, and they finished in the top ten of the Double Lift Finals. I was scribing during his run in the Semifinals the previous day. I sure didn't hear anyone in the judges' tent casting aspersions on a merle dog.

Not to say that color prejudices don't exist. (I just discovered that my sheep had color prejudices against black sheep...). There might even be valid reasons for some (e.g., before we understood the "lethal merle" issue; difficulty in seeing red dogs at a distance). But I will hope that most will judge a dog according to its talents.

Congratulations on your new puppy - we hope to see photos!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: puppy, agility, herding, merle, red merle, smooth, black tri

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.