Searching

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 simba

simba

• Registered Users
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

A couple of problems when searching the forums. Sometimes when I search it will tell me there are no results for that term ("low fat", "dog", "raw", "pancreatitis".) If I hit the search button a second time it will sometimes bring me back results, without my having altered the search term.

I understand some forums will not allow you to search terms with fewer than 4 letters, what I don't understand is why it sometimes works when you try the same thing again.  'Flood control' makes this a bit slower to do.

#2 simba

simba

• Registered Users
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

Also, when you're searching your own content, and it says 'search limited from August 2013"- is there any way to search further back than that?

I'm searching 'collar' in the general forums and I get only two results, that cannot be right.

I'm not nit-picking, I understand these things happen with electronic searches, it's not a huge deal. I have however seen lots of cases where people kept quiet about a glitch because it wasn't a big deal, when someone would have benefited from knowing about that glitch. So just in case I always like to inform forum ppl of these things.

#3 chene

chene

• Registered Users
  • 844 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, I've noticed this too. Sometimes results just don't show up. When I search collar in the general forum I get over 200 results, for the record.

HIJGWrN.jpg

#4 simba

simba

• Registered Users
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

I'm now getting 317, both times as far as I can tell I did the same things while searching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.