Back legs are restless

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eme_collie

eme_collie

• Registered Users
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

So I have an 8 week old Border Collie, he's been through a lot for his first 8 weeks of life. 

When we took him from these horrid breeders he was battling hundreds of ticks and fleas, an eye infection and now his back legs are growing weak.

I am wondering if this is normal? 

We took him outside and he was walking, running, enjoying life but now he's so restless and can't stand on all four. 

It started with a limp in his left front leg and now his front legs are fine but his back legs are weak.

Is this a case of something serious or is he just sore from playing and running so much?

#2 sjones

sjones

• Registered Users
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:border collies, horses, sheep, spinning(wool), knitting, reading

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

If this were my dog I would get him to a vet asap and have him fully checked out, this doesn't sound normal.

Samantha

#3 gcv-border

gcv-border

• Registered Users
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

Agree. Vet appointment ASAP.

Jovi

"Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog."  Charles F. Duran

#4 MyRuna

MyRuna

• Registered Users
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Lawn restoration (started with BC arrival), volleyball, bridge, jewelry making, Historical Korean Drama

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:02 AM

I would go to a vet ASAP and also check every inch of the dog for ticks.

http://www.oregonliv..._by_last_m.html

This link is about a dog that was going to be put down due to sudden failing health, then they found a tick.  It was tick paralysis. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.