2 replies to this topic

#1 geonni banner

geonni banner

blabbermouth

• Registered Users
  • 3,720 posts
  • Interests:Photography, dog training, samurai movies, anime, illustration

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:38 PM

Re: the Boards' demographic drifting away from the stock working crowd to the pet/sports crowd.

I thought of ways the forum headings could be restructured to emphasize aspects of stock working and de-emphasize the pet and especially the sports aspects. 

I am a person who thinks in terms of pictures, so I make pictures to help me along.  Here are two, showing the working and "general" sections of the Boards, altered in ways I (perhaps mistakenly) think might be more attractive to people with working Collies.

My apologies to any who might be offended.  Please feel free to delete the post if it feels counter-productive.  The picture was from Google Images, uncredited.  If it's yours, have Eileen remove it if you want. 

Attached File  Boards 1.jpg   183.97K   83 downloads  Attached File  Boards 2.jpg   272.82K   90 downloads

What would Rainbow Dash do?

My blog is atpeacewithpink dot blogspot dot com

With%2Bthe%2BBarbados.jpg

#2 Gloria Atwater

Gloria Atwater

Talksalot

• Registered Users
  • 2,540 posts
  • Interests:Sheepdogging!

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:02 PM

I've no clue about the logistics that might be involved but I think it sounds like a fine idea - and the cover image is great!  :)

~ Gloria

You ask of my companions. Hills, sir, and the sundown, and a dog as large as myself that my father bought me. They are better than human beings, because they know but do not tell. ~ Emily Dickinson

To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace. ~ Milan Kundera

#3 GentleLake

GentleLake

• Registered Users
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:42 AM

My only suggestion would be to put the Working Sheep forum above the Working Cattle forum.

Border collies were developed as sheepdogs after all. B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.