BC Boards

Looking for a Male Border Collie

Guest RBryson9

Guest RBryson9

Looking for a male Border Collie who has not been fixed yet. I'm looking for one who is full blooded and registered with the ABCA. Anybody know of any?

Why do you want a border collie? And why an un-neutered male?

If you are looking for an un-neutered dog because you want to breed him, you will not find anyone here willing to help you get one.

It would be good to read the "Read This First" on this forum.

It might be helpful if you gave people more information, such as (though not necessarily limited to):

• Why you want the dog (livestock work, sport, pet?)
  • Are you looking to breed? If so, for what purpose?
  • Where you live and/or if you're willing to travel
  • Are you looking for a proven dog or will any dog do?

I just expect that you might get more information if you give a little more.

Guest RBryson9

I talked with a representative at the America Border Collie Association in Georgia. She suggested that I join this for some answers about finding border collies. I do have a Border Collie and I am just looking for another one. I am not much on doing a lot of reading, because my life is so busy. I have found someone who has a few Border Collies and they are willing to part with. With that being said, I won't ask about that again.

No, you shouldn't. Best not to questions if you start to find out you will not like the answers.

Interesting view, being to busy to read up on a subject matter that will, if you do it right, take up a substantial amount of your precious time.

Ah well, good luck with that dog I guess...

If what you want is a well-bred, working-bred dog, and you have your own good reason for wanting an intact male but not with intent to breed, then please make that clear and hopefully, someone here can help you. As protective of responsible ownership and breeding as people are here, the answers you got were not meant to be mean or unhelpful, but rather came from people who shy away from the occasional poster who is looking to be a breeder, even of just one litter, without having the qualifications to be considered a responsible breeder. Trust us, we've had our share of people who just really wanted help to do just that without having the knowledge and welfare of the dogs in mind.

So, that said, can you help us help you by giving us some input about what you are looking for and why?