BC Boards

Breeding

Caroline

Hi Everyone, this thread is funny now and I needed a laugh! Thanks. I agree with Melanie that a website is public. I knew you were involved with the Jack Russell thing Margaret and had admired your stance and gumption about it. And I laughed out loud at the idea of ANYONE keeping house worse than I do. My mother was a German/ Norwegian and everything was spotless. I know she is (hopefully) up there just looking down with chagrin at her daughter's what could be "neat and tidy" home. ah well, for Black Welsh Mountain Sheep, yes I know that about them after joining the list there and talking with folks about it. They *gasp* appeal to me for their looks but I won't be getting them. As for purebred stock, my big concern is "clean" healthy stock for none has been on this pasture for years and I would hate to introduce disease. Sometimes registered stock have more careful records of being disease free, that is a qualified maybe. Around the Pacific Northwest, I see lots of wool and some hair sheep. I work St.Croix with Luke and they seem to get dog broke less quickly. When (that is when!!!) the fence is up and really exists, I shall open up this issue of sheep under another thread. The romantic reason I wanted BWMS is that I saw them worked in Scotlan a bit by Viv Billingham when I took my father for his last overseas trip 11 years ago. Some of the U.S. BWMS people do work them with dogs, although I wouldn't start a dog on them for sure.

RDM, I am glad William wasn't too obnoxious at Keepmore, he saves that for mom I guess. Both kids tolerated driving to train sheep two days a week, both an hour away, hang out there 2 hours, and go home. I am thankful for that.

I am glad this thread is open and has led to discussion.

Caroline the Hormone Queen, William "Dad is a better parent than you are", Katherine the Great, Charlie the Elder and Luke the Magnificient :rolleyes:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic