BC Boards

Kat's Dog

Kat, I tried to pm you, but it says you dont exist? :D So, sorry I posted for all to see LOL.

Hey kat:) Would you be able to gimme the address or number or whatever on your paperwork to change addresses for Dazzles microchip? Riven also has avid and we've moved twice with no clue how to change it. In the midst of that moving we lost the paperwork on it. I know the humane society would be able to help if you cant but its a real hassle to go and wait and deal with them. lol :rolleyes: Im not tooooo concerned its not a horrible emergency, our number is still the same, so I know they could at least call lol.

Thanks!

I know i'm not kat... BUT what I did was when I moved I just called the # on the tag that they gave us and gave them the ID # and had the change all the information

No one has been able to PM me since these new boards. Something may be wrong in there....

Do you have the little certificate thing? I don't think that is what you need though.

In my little brochure for the AVID chip (it is purple and has a dog, cat, and parrot on the front, they should have given one to you) is an application form for PETtrac (I still don't quite understand what the PETtrac is and if you need it to go with the chip, or even if I already have it). On that form you can choose "Information Change" and send in that application - the cost is $6.00. It sounds like the PETtrac doesn't come with the AVID chip.... The cost to register your chip is $15.00 a dog, but I am still not clear on if that was already done for me at the Vets or not. The AVID website doesn't help either....

Now I am confused to! :rolleyes:

I would call Avid and ask. You can give the microchip number and they can tell you if your dog is registered and how to change the address. I just transferred over Diesel to me (he has Home Again) and it was a painless process.

If you don't know your dog's chip number (my dogs don't wear the microchip tag) and don't have the paperwork, any vet or HS can scan your dog and tell you what it is.

--------

From Avid's website: http://www.avidmicrochip.com/ (800) 336-2843

When you purchase AVID® microchips, the chip numbers that you have purchased are kept in the AVID databases and are able to be traced back to you. (so like if you were a breeder who chipped the dog)

PETtrac, is a global 24 hour database used by shelters and anyone finding a lost pet. The animal is enrolled, for a fee, under the new owner's name with complete detailed information about both animal and owner. In this way, if a shelter picks up the animal, the owner will be contacted directly without going through the breeder, registry, veterinarian or pet store.

--------

So when I had River chipped at the vet with Avid, I think I also paid to have her registered to ME not the vet because I filled out my personal info on a form. Which would mean I have PetTrac (Now I need to call to find out, lol)

But if I was a breeder or humane society, I would have only purchased the chip itself, letting whoever got the dog register it in their name with PetTrac, but I'd still be a part of the database.... That's how I read it.

Home Again seems to work that all Diesel's info is in my name, but I can enroll him for a fee for other more robust services. I only had to pay a small transfer fee.

OK,

here is the contact information that is on the form if you want to email/call....

Email: PETtrac@AvidID.com

Phone: 951-371-7505 | 800-336-AVID

Fax: 951-737-8967

I assume that if there is information for chip number (name, address, vet number, second contact, etc - the information they made me enter at the vets) then I have PETtrac.

I have no idea now....

I KNEW that certificate would come in handy, on it, it will have her microchip number in the top left corner. :rolleyes:

perhaps that is the problem (it caused trouble with logging in on the new boards at first too). But I can PM myself!! :rolleyes:

But Anda you found a way around it! You put a comment on her B-day instead, and that worked just as well! She has very happy. :D

Well :rolleyes: Thanks everyone for all your help!!!! My hubby says the paperwork is still in the glove compartment in the car LOL... I dont think so, but if it is I'll be totally embarassed. I will definately call. Thanks sooooo much!!!!!

I was wondering why it wouldnt go through when I tried to PM. I've been getting tons of PM's so I couldnt figure out why it wasnt working all this sudden....I will try send mail from now on. :D

LOL Jan, it's just because I work with computers all day long and deal with IT people and I'm used to bouncing ideas back and forth, looking for a solution, as far fetched as it could be. And I remember I had an issue on a HTML database at work where a special character would prevent my employees to use their online timesheets and report their time :rolleyes: