BC Boards

My original contribution to the sheep dog world

Maja

Maybe some of you remember that my tiny, one-person SunDog business makes leather and patchwork things. And I came up with - I think- with an original product - a hood for shepherds whistles. People who have bought them seem to be very happy with them, and I am happy because it is not easy to come up with something original these days.

10338850_10202543082556165_3144632376966

That would come in handy when you are doing close-up stuff in mud and manure, need your whistle handy, but don't want it splish-splashed with gunk before you put it in your mouth!

Anytime you want :) . We have two types for the moon shape in the picture and the triangular - depending on the type of whistle. My email is majawn at yahoo.com .

I also have nice lanyards :)

10329301_10202554358438055_2669538495238

That's actually a clever idea. I generally tuck my whistle down my shirt, as I dislike having them dangle and swing and catch on stuff. But the other day was pretty warm and when I pulled mine out to use ... I'd sweated on the thing! BLECH! Did not taste nice. :wacko: Hope your new product catches on!

~ Gloria

You might not want to do that when they get icy cold in winter, either!

That's actually a clever idea. I generally tuck my whistle down my shirt, as I dislike having them dangle and swing and catch on stuff. But the other day was pretty warm and when I pulled mine out to use ... I'd sweated on the thing! BLECH! Did not taste nice. :wacko: Hope your new product catches on!

~ Gloria

You should do a 'prices in euro' catalogue: whenever I convert from zloty to euro the prices come up frighteningly low. For example, 120 zloty keeps coming up as 30 euro for a harness (xe currency converter, yahoo finances converter).

We are in the middle of fixing things up so some things may not work well.

An easy approximation is to divide the price in zlotys

to get dollars,

by 4 to get euros,

by 5 to get pounds.

So 120zł is more re less 40 dollars, 30 euros, or 24 pounds . So the converter works :) , so yes it is all very cheap now :) .

Sue, yes it is Bonnie on the right and Darine on the left and also here:

10411182_10202647659650527_1894941703261

• 2 weeks later...

Tada! Me-very-own-fabric design from me-very-own photographs. There is still lots of room for improvement in the graphics department, but I think I am on the right path. These are all cotton (main webbing too) - special for summer , when the good working sheep dog needs to take a good dunk in the watering trough.

10371248_10202701560918025_768291125499710447558_10202701554637868_6724896820814

• 10 months later...

It is for very beginning beginners :) , because as soon as you turn your back on the sheep - it does not work (unless you cross your arms :lol: ). It is also a very nice conversation piece :) . Moreover, I also suggest wearing just one, then you don't really need to read anything.