BC Boards

Bandanas

I can go to Disneyland any time if you really want one :rolleyes: I only live 20 minutes down the freeway

aahh Danielle.. this is so cool... i love going to disneyland!

if ever you do go in there...and if it convenient for me to tag some stuff, please tell me.. there are stuff i'd love to get from there.

:D

thanks in advance!!

p/s i wasn't aware of bandana collies... hrrmmpp..

I confess, I put a blue one on Gus and a pink one on Sally when we go out sometimes. Gus always gets called a "she" so it is my way of saying it's a boy. I think it also makes them look a little more approachable. I don't do it all the time but the dogs do associate it with a positive (going on a walk). I realize it is silly, but I'm silly. I do not leave it on them, and I tuck it so it stays on their back and it doesn't affect their gait. I also have bandana from dog scouts for Gus that we wear at troop meetings, but that is like uniform :D

I hope Debbie doesn't take Sally away from me for unneccesary canine accessorizing :rolleyes:

post-7131-1185467567_thumb.jpg

I lived for about six months in Anaheim. I don't remember it, though I'm told I enjoyed it very much. :rolleyes:

I HATE dogs in clothes. (sorry!) Bandanas are a little bit too close to that, for my comfort. But, I will admit that when we go to the annual SPCA fundraiser, Lilly always wears her free bandana that we get for raising money. And she has a pirate bandana, to go along with our flyball team name, but she never wears it.

My so-called collies will not be wearing bandanas. :rolleyes:

I agree with the "dogs in clothes" thing, but bandanas seem different somehow.

Rebecca, Molly's parents are both working dogs, so she definitely isn't a sport collie, but I can see why you have the negative connotation.

We first put a bandana on Molly when she was a 4 month old puppy and we were going to a meet some western riding people and couldn't leave her at home alone. If we made her look western, we figured we would do better with bringing-the-puppy. They actually had border collies and made her very welcome (although we think they mostly envied how skinny she was... both theirs were unbelievably overweight for such an active breed), but Molly loved the attention and the extra wearing-a-bandana attention. So we've done it several times since when we've gone to western shows and other times just for fun. If she minded at all, we wouldn't do it. We are also careful to tie it so it isn't tight, can't tighten, and just generally doesn't bother her. Any sign of discomfort or annoyance, and we'd take it right off her.

I also think that somehow wearing a bandana makes a dog look tamer to people who don't know the dog. So with the members of my BF's family who are dog shy, it makes them more accepting of her when they see her in a yellow bandana and a nice leather leash...

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Take Sally away from you? I'm not sure I could do that with incriminating evidence floating around out there.

I don't put bandanas on my dogs anymore, but I admit I used to torture my dogs with them. Admit it. They are...sortof...cute. :rolleyes:

All of my dogs did wear bandanas in March at our flyball tournament. The hosting team did a special tribute to rescue dogs and each dog that was a rescue got a lucky shamrock patterened bandana to wear for the weekend to show off the fact that they were a rescue dog.

5y03aqe.jpg

6baykba.jpg

I'll admit my bias up front: the breed that I think wears bandanas, Doggles, leatha, reindeer antlers, Mardi Gras beads and tea party bonnets like no other is the great American Pit Bull Terrier.

Matching bandanas! Plus, pibble can also be used as a comfortable seat:

socute.jpg

Y... MCA!

leather.jpg

Katrina dog Mojo. My fave :rolleyes:

Mojo-KatrinadogGS.jpg

Many more fashion plates here:

The Unexpected Pit Bull Gallery.

Order your 2008 calendar early --- 2007 sold out!

Here's a screen cap of champion disc dog Wallace working out in his little sweatsuit:

WazRockywave2.jpg

[Click here for a link to Wallace's "Rocky" video.]

I think a bandanna is a "will you pet me" invitation. If you have a what they call "danger dog" LMAO. I think a bandanna is a great sign of showing your dog is friendly and well treated and respected as a pet. I watched Rocky's video & it was great- what a great owner. With that breed, the bandanna shows- hey, I'm a good boy. I think for a special event a bandanna is great. Usher usually doesn't wear one. My others did. When you have 6 dogs, you've gotta dress 'em up. Not at sheepdog trials, not at anything but going to the river or playing or just plain showing them off. You have to admit. You do like showing them off? Come on now, don't ya? Now my dog will never be in "drag" except howl-o-ween-tee hee. Some of us are just plain strange. I admit it.

And BTW..........ruff mutt, can I have that mottled one?

Dianne

P.S. Usher WILL wear a birthday hat on his first birthday (if only for one picture -many takes)

My dogwalkers put bandanas on all the dogs in their walking group. In case they get separated from the pack, I guess. While only Wick enjoys wearing clothes, the boys have no problem wearing them. Lou looks particularly chuffed when his bandana goes on. Perhaps he's pretending he's a cowboy ...

But in general, it is wrong to make a dog wear clothes. Only sad, lonely people do such a thing ... :rolleyes:

shirt.jpg

not clothes- just bandanna's. well, then there's Halloween. Once a year. I have to admit I have 3 costumes. My fav is "Hot dog" it's like a semi-blanket and is covered in a mustard thingy. If I have the courage to dress up and go out, my dog must also. LOL.