BC Boards

My decision

IronHorse

Iron Horse,

Bless you, bless your wife, and bless the poor woman who has drug you and her self and the hapless dogs in to this horrific mess. Here are a few sites that may help you.

http://www.mokanbcrescue.org/

http://www.bcrescue.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB....;num=1084297286

This is in columbia but they may have contacts other places.

http://www.htsanctuary.com/

I have no personal knowledge of these folks but they have brought dogs to the vet school at times. So for what it's worth I posted them.

I live near Columbia about 3 1/2 to 4 hours to Sedalia. If there is any thing I can do let me know and I can see what I can work out. My whole yard is being dug up for a room addition an my fence is down so that limits me in what I can do at my house at this time. Good luck and God bless.

Andrea D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IronHorse,I'm a fellow missourian(Dittmer) and if you need any help with rescue,fostering,whatever it takes to help these dogs,just let me know,I'm up for anything that will save them.Just the thought of that beautiful dog lying there to rot sets me off! This should be nicknamed the Puppy Mill state,rather than the Show-me state.They have been trying to pass legislation making it a crime to photograph any animal breeding facility here in Mo for years now,even claiming it would deter terrorism!The cruel and inhumane treatment are widespread,as the nightly news proclaims a large rescue almost monthly.Cages stacked atop each other with the waste dropping through,dogs who can't walk,they have not been out of their cages since they were weaned,blak water to drink and rotten moldy kibble to eat.NO affection,limited human contact,bred till they drop dead and then left to rot,or fed to their starving kennelmates.Only human beings are evil enough to do these things.

IronHorse,

I would also like to commend you on what you are doing in trying to help these dogs. I don't know if I would be able to be very calm around the type of situation you must have walked into. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

I don't know where you are located, but I do know of a BC rescue that is located in Independence, MO (this is where we got Nellie last year). There name is MoKan BC Rescue. I think that they are probably around 2-3 hours away from Stockton. They may be able to help or point you in a direction of people that can help in this situation.

If you would like you can email me at johnrenna@earthlink.net with the details and I will contact the person I have worked with to see if they even have room at this time.

I would agree with Rebecca that if we can get the dogs out of there, it may be helpful to try to raise some funds to help out the rescues/humane society that ends up with the dogs.

I wish there was more that I could do.

The HS should be experienced in handling the psychological aspect of this sort of thing. Basically you have to convince the collector/breeder that you are doing them a huge favor (bleah).

I hope and pray you recieve the strength to deal with what you've seen, and get the direction you need to go further.

Pictures of the new girl would be great!

Have you contacted Animal Control / the Humane Society yet? What was the outcome? Can anyone verify that the Humane Society has been contacted and is doing something about this "situation?"

I think any fundraising efforts should be on hold until it has been verified that these dogs are actually in rescue.

RDM

IronHorse...In Memory of Lightfoot's Sire, Lightfoot, and for his extended pack, which includes you and your wife...

Also to let you know we are ALL here for you and your efforts, you have a strong spirit IronHorse, your mission is clear to you, and you burn with the inner fire of unbreakable will !

SUN TRACKS.....the Track of the Sun across the Sky leaves its shining message, Illuminating, Strenghtening, Warming, us who are here, showing us we are not alone, we are yet ALIVE!

And this fire.... Our fire...Shall not die!

-Atoni- (Choctaw) prayer

I am very close to making the call to the Mo HS

Thank you all very much for your support in this matter.

I think that I should go ahead now and make contact with the HS and see what they have to say.

I will let you all know just as soon as I know

arkansas bc rescue

midwest bc rescue

nebraska BC rescue

midamerica bc rescue

Here are more links to rescues surrounding MO.

I hope this helps. I wish there was more I could do to lend a hand. Please know that I am very sorry and will keep you and everyone involved in this terrible situation in my prayers.

Maria

I have just finished making the initial call to the HS of Missouri,the director is not available today but I was able to leave a detailed recording of the situation that exsists.

I gave her my personal contact information and am quite sure that she will contact me asap.

meanwhile I believe i shall go ahead and file an online Abuse report with the HS.

I can only pray now that with a combined effort by all of you as well as the sources you are suppling me with that as many of these dogs as possible can be rescued and will find the loving homes they so deserve.

THANK YOU ALL

I just spoke with the president of our rescue (Nebraska Border Collie Rescue located in Omaha, NE). If this bust goes through, we may be able to take a couple of dogs, but we don't have a lot of openings at this time.

Our local humane society is a no kill shelter (for the most part, unless they don't pass the tempermant tests) and the humane society president is a border collie lover and owner, herself. This humane society could probably take some dogs as well, though I can't speak for them. Here is their contact info:

http://www.nehumanesociety.org/

(402) 444-7800

Ironhorse, your story and ensuing anguish moved me to tears. Other than moral support I don't know how much help I can be. I realize I'm quite a far distance from you, but I would like to help place some of these dogs,so please don't hesitate to contact me. I do know of some area fosters that especially cater to stock dogs. Also I would be willing to help with transport if there are any homes available to take them in the southwest.

Ironhorse,

Are you contacting any of the rescues listed above yourself? If you are so far away from this place and the conditions are as bad as you say, then it seems to me that speed is imperative. If you can contact the appropriate rescue people they can probably help speed the response of the local HS, since they generally would have personal contact with these folks on a regular basis. All we can do is give you advice and contacts; as the witness to the conditions it's important that you take the lead on this and contact as many local rescues, along with the HS, as you can, and soon.

I'm sorry if this sounds bi***y, but I just worry that a lot of hand wringing is going on when action is what's needed. And from what I gather there are a lot of lives at stake.

J.

Well...what a morning...

Ironhorse - THANK YOU for staying, reading and thinking about what we've all said. You did right by all those dogs and all the future dogs that she had planned.

I can't offer much in terms of help from Hawaii, but if a fund is set-up, please post the link so I can help financially.

Good luck and fight as hard as you can. We are ALL here to help.

Denise

I too may live way to far to be of assistance, but your police dept. may have a quicker response from the SPCA.

Sounds like something went awry with the breeder, since your prior visits the conditions where not so horrible.

She may be all than happy to surrender the dogs.

I hope everything works out for all. It is very fortunate for these dogs that you came upon the boards.

Ironhorse,

From the beginning I have admired your desire to learn and willingness to listen to sometimes harsh critcism. You are a good soul. These stories break my heart. My beloved girl came from a place similar to this. I am so happy to hear of someone trying to improve even one of these situations.

I wish I was close enough to help. If you need anything let us know. The people here are willing to do most anything to help.

Lauren

My thoughts are with you Ironhorse. Those dogs are lucky that you followed your instincts to go and check the place out again. I hope there's a happy outcome for these animals. I don't know where Tiga came from, but I do know it's an area that's known for having puppy mills. Stories like this break my heart as well, but people like you help to eliminate situations like this.

I keep opening this thread to read every new post... my emotions are leaving me with the inability to think of anything to say (imagine that!) - except that my prayers are with IronHorse, his wife, and all those poor dogs that didn't ask for this!