BC Boards

RIP Meg - 2004-2007

Wendy V

Folks, I can barely even speak of this. Yesterday, I helped bury my sister's border collie, Meg; a young dog of uncertain beginnings, who I helped train this summer to become a productive member of a goose control business. Meg was a hard dog for a beginner handler, but was a serious and enthusiastic worker, with no quit in her. I taught my sister as much as I could, in a short period of time, how to handle a dog such as she. They became great partners in the six months that my sister owned her. Unfortunately, Meg developed a hate for another female dog in the household; a 4 yo husky mix. My sister made all attempts to contain Meg in her kennel, adding extra fencing and a roof, but being the escape artist that she was, Meg cleared the kennel and started a fight that finished her. She was found in the other dog's kennel already dead from multiple bites wounds.

My sister is devastated at the loss, and my heart breaks at the waste of a good, young dog. I wish I could say more at this time, of how special and unique Meg was, and I wish I could share a picture, but, goddammit, I just don't know how, and don't have the time and patience to figure it out. So these sparse works will just have to do.

Meg, you will be missed...

This following is the post that Wendy submitted, I put Meg's photo up, and put the two together. RIP Meggy, you pretty little Lass.

Folks, I can barely even speak of this. Yesterday, I helped bury my sister's border collie, Meg; a young dog of uncertain beginnings, who I helped train this summer to become a productive member of a goose control business. Meg was a hard dog for a beginner handler, but was a serious and enthusiastic worker, with no quit in her. I taught my sister as much as I could, in a short period of time, how to handle a dog such as she. They became great partners in the six months that my sister owned her. Unfortunately, Meg developed a hate for another female dog in the household; a 4 yo husky mix. My sister made all attempts to contain Meg in her kennel, adding extra fencing and a roof, but being the escape artist that she was, Meg cleared the kennel and started a fight that finished her. She was found in the other dog's kennel already dead from multiple bites wounds.

My sister is devastated at the loss, and my heart breaks at the waste of a good, young dog. I wish I could say more at this time, of how special and unique Meg was, and I wish I could share a picture, but, goddammit, I just don't know how, and don't have the time and patience to figure it out. So these sparse works will just have to do.

Meg, you will be missed...

Picture001.jpg

I'm so sorry. That's a tough way to lose one. Years ago, DH called me outside where I found my LabX dangling from my Great Dane's jaws. The Lab lived through the night at the vet's but succumbed to shock early the next morning. She, too, had tunneled under the fence to start the fight with the Dane. Who was only defending herself but I confess to having hard feelings towards the Dane for years afterward. Hard thing to get over. My sympathies to you and your sister.

Thanks for your caring responses. It really helps to heal the hurt from the loss of Meg. I assembled the responses and forwarded them to my sister, so that she may take comfort in your words as well as I.

May all of our beloved pets stay safe tonight.

Wendy

That is just horrifying, I'm so sorry (and I'm late to this too, my apologies). Sometimes we forget that they really are animals, fragile and savage both, until something like this slaps us in the face.