BC Boards

My puppy has fish breath already?

My dogs have always had nice teeth. When I fed raw and now that I feed kibble - I never saw much of a difference. I've given raw bones before but not in the last year or so. They have had access to nylabones all the time so maybe chewing on those takes care of any tarter. The only time I notice a "fishy" odor is when my one dog has anal gland issues.

Okay, since I am science-impaired and need a translator for all but one of the articles linked above ... what are they saying? Lightly cooked eggs are better because it does not inhibit the body's absorption of biotin?

Sorry, I flunked science in high school. B) (No, really - I flunked.)

~ Gloria

Lightly cooked egg white doesn't interfer with the body's use of biotin. And the protein in the egg white is better utilized when lightly cooked. There are still other good things in raw egg white, so I don't cut it out, I just cut back. The egg yolk is still best raw.

I did great in science and I still have to go through those real sciency papers one word at a time to try and figure out what they are saying. I've been studying up on digestive enzymes lately, and there are some studies out there that seem to say one thing and the exact opposite at the same time, depending on what they mean by the word "adaptation."