BC Boards

Introduction!

Hello everyone! I originally created this account in hopes of finding a reputable breeder of working Border Collies. I have been searching for over 2 years, and have come across many breeders, but none of them worked their dogs, and a lot of them were dual registered with the AKC and ABCA or breeding for color/looks alone. I was almost about to give up hope when I saw an ad re-homing a few older puppies. I contacted them and we will be picking up our puppy in a few days! I am so excited! They're from excellent working lines (the litter was bred to replace their older working Border Collies, and he has also been started on herding). He is a little older (10 months old) than I had planned on, but he's beautiful, and it seems like he's going to fit right in with our family!

I can't wait to share photos and our journey together with everyone. :)

Thanks everyone! I will post pictures this evening.

He is still settling in. He was very shy when we first brought him home, he didn't even want us to touch him, but he has warmed up a lot. I will update more this evening when I add pictures. :)

Also, for thos who asked, I live in Colorado.

Here's some pictures! As I said before, when we first brought him home he was very shy. I wasn't expecting him to be so shy, but I'm sure it was a huge change for him! He has slowly begun to settle in and is becoming more comfortable being here.

He doesn't know any basic commands, so once he settles completely I will begin working with him. He's very well behaved and extremley calm.

post-17239-0-54683600-1422385518_thumb.jpgpost-17239-0-10325500-1422385532_thumb.jpgpost-17239-0-39430300-1422385545_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone! I think he's pretty cute too. :D

I would like to work him later on. I'll have to look into that more and see what I can do. So far all he wants to do is play with our other dog, sleep, and receive a good ol' tummy rub. I'm hoping when he comes out of his shell he'll be up for some ball or frisbee, and we can work on training, etc.

I am in Monument, CO (it is North of Colorado Springs) and the weather here is insane right now! Haha. It's so warm out! Where did Winter go? :rolleyes: